Friday, August 18, 2017

Day 28 - Bolivia Trip

I write this post with sadness because it might be my last one. Not sure how much wifi I'll have tomorrow or Sunday.

Yesterday kinda felt like the last day. I knew I had to get everything I needed, go to my favorite dinner place, etc etc.

I was able to find a place that sold a Bolivian Soccer jersey. The irony is I might have walked past that store a dozen times. I payed 130 Bolivianos for it. From what I have heard, the store clerk ripped me off and charged a higher price because I look North American. While it might be true, I really can't be bothered because I still got a great deal.

Lunch yesterday was Soup and I really liked it, Had a little bit of everything in it. Same as brfore.

One thing that took me a few weeks to notice was that no one really wears seat belts. I'm curious why that is and the funny thing is, I have mostly always warn my seat belt awhile I have been here.

With yesterday being the last day with the kids, I got to choose the activity. We had a basketball free throw shooting competion and in a shocking turn of events, I didn't win. I blame the wind for going 2 for 6 in my first game.

At the end of our two hours, I was able to give them all small gifts that I brought from Canada.Most of the kids acted like it was Christmas morning which felt good and some gave me big hugs goodbye.

Found my way to the mall yesterday where I bought a few more things before I headed off to my favorite place for dinner. Loved eating here because the portion sizes were good and they sometimes had American sports on.

Crawled into bed early last night as I knew the next two days were going to be busy. I've had a really good time here in Bolivia and its crazy that I'm going home already. I have some things to do next week so its time to go home.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's been amazing hearing about your stay in boliva this past month. Thanks so much for sharing the experience.

    ReplyDelete