Saturday, August 12, 2017

Day 22 - Bolivia Trip

My last full Friday in Cochabamba was yesterday and it was a pretty laid back morning. Some of the Staff was out of town so there was was thankfully no meeting yesterday.

I took the time to go up town and walk around the streets, found a good milkshake place close by and took advantage of it. It's starting to sink in that my time here is almost done and I want to try to visit every coffee of food place as I can.

Lunch came early yesterday and it was good. However, there is something strange about eating pasta in Bolivia. For one, it doesn't taste as good as back home and the other is I can have it any day back home and therefore having it here doesn't make it feel special.

Friday was cooking day with the kids. We made some kind of fruit salad type dish. I think it would have been good but I didn't recognize many of the fruits that were in it. In the second hour we played baseball with the kids. It was an a adventure to say the least. They changed some of the rules which I didn't really understand why.

After we were done, went back home and got a bite to eat. Saw more of the tennis on TV. Day seemed to be missing something.

Been starting to look for tourist stuff to buy but that has been a challenge because this isn't much of a city for tourism. Glad it's the weekend nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment